Our Mission Statement:
A Leading Provider of Accounting and Finance Education in China and the Asia-Pacific Region
- To be a leading provider of accounting and finance education in the Asia-Pacific region, especially Greater China, by virtue of quality of teaching, relevance of programmes, and other academic pursuits, and commitment to meet relevant community needs.
- To undertake high-quality academic research and to disseminate up-to-date research findings to students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To provide the Hong Kong business community with professional services, including high-level consultancy, through close interactions with the accounting and finance professions and other stakeholders.
In achieving these objectives, we have built our strengths
and reputation in a number of areas, namely:
- Hong Kong's largest accounting and finance department with the longest history, and largest number of students and alumni
- Most experienced and sought-after provider of accounting and finance education in Hong Kong
- Wide range of well recognized and professional accredited programmes at both undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) levels
- Flexible UG curriculum allowing diverse minor options
- Highly qualified faculty members with diverse professional qualifications and extensive experiences contributing a critical mass of business knowledge in the complementary fields of accounting, finance, economics, and law
- Extensive graduate network in industry, commerce, and government
- Strong links with professional bodies and major accounting firms and financial institutions
- Extensive year-round student internship and professional mentorship
growth in strategic alliances in China
- Top quality research output on Corporate Governance related issues in accounting and finance backed by strong research infrastructure
- Leading research on China-related accounting and finance topics and micro-market structure in the Chinese capital market
- Good technical support in terms of personnel and database availability
- Availability of generous internal research funds, in addition to the RGC GRF grants, to support research projects