News & Events

5 Sep 2018 "Does the Weighted Voting Rights (WVR) Structure Create Value for Shareholders in the Long Run?" Read more
4 Sep 2018 "Credit Rating Agencies and Accounting Frauds" Read more
18 Apr 2018 Our Students won the Nominated Case Award in 2017 Global Contest for the Best China-Focused Cases Read more
1 Jan 2018 AF Newsletter 2017 Read more


25 Feb 2018 TVB Big Big Chanenl Kids Talk: 小智慧 大理財︰用利是錢 教孩子 點理財 Read more


When is the application period for admission to Taught Postgraduate programmes?

PolyU normally invites applications for admission to Taught Postgraduate programmes (for September entry) around November for non-local applicants and around December for local applicants every year.  Please click here for the most up-to-date information.

How can I apply for admission to Taught Postgraduate programmes?

Submit your application online via Study@PolyU.

Is an admission interview required for admission to Taught Postgraduate programmes?

Yes. A face-to-face interview will be arranged for short-listed candidates residing in Hong Kong. Otherwise, video interviews via the Internet are conducted.

What are the entrance requirements for admission to Taught Postgraduate programmes?

For admission to a Doctoral degree programme, you must possess a Master's degree. As for the Master's degree or Postgraduate Diploma, the basic requirement is a Bachelor's degree from an institution that is recognised by PolyU. In addition, you must meet the entrance requirements that are specified by individual programmes. Please click here for more information.

What are the selection criteria for admission to Taught Postgraduate programmes?

Applications will be considered on the basis of the information (such as academic achievements, professional qualifications and work experience) provided in the online application form.

Am I eligible for the financial assistance scheme?

Local full-time and part-time students on all programmes are eligible for the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (NLS).

Who are non-local applicants?

Non-local applicants are those who need to apply for a student visa to study in Hong Kong. Applicants holding the following visa types are also considered as non-local applicants:

a visitor or tourist visa; OR

an Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao (EEP); OR

a non-local graduate who stays in Hong Kong under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG)

The levels of tuition fees for local and non-local students are different for our Taught Postgraduate programmes.  It is therefore important for applicants to indicate their visa status correctly when they submit their application(s).

Are non-local students eligible for financial assistance? Can they take up part-time jobs?

Non-local students of our Taught Postgraduate programmes are normally not eligible for government grants and loans.  Therefore students have to ensure that they have sufficient funds to cover tuition fees, accommodation and other expenses, including medical insurance.

Are non-local students eligible for applying for hall residence?

All non-local students of our Taught Postgraduate programmes are eligible for residence in University-managed off-campus housing.  Please click here for details.  To check out further information on accommodation, please click here.