Our Mission Statement:
A Leading Provider of Accounting and Finance Education in China and the Asia-Pacific Region
- To be a leading provider of accounting and finance education in the Asia-Pacific region, especially Greater China, by virtue of quality of teaching, relevance of programmes, and other academic pursuits, and commitment to meet relevant community needs.
- To undertake high-quality academic research and to disseminate up-to-date research findings to students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To provide the Hong Kong business community with professional services through close interactions with the accounting and finance professions and other stakeholders.
In achieving these objectives, we have built our strengths and reputation in a number of areas, namely:
- Hong Kong's largest accounting and finance department with the longest history, and largest number of students and alumni
- Most experienced and sought-after provider of accounting and finance education in Hong Kong
- Wide range of well recognized and professional accredited programmes at both undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) levels
- Flexible UG curriculum allowing diverse minor options
- Highly qualified faculty members with diverse professional qualifications and extensive experiences contributing a critical mass of business knowledge in the complementary fields of accounting, finance, economics, and law
- Extensive graduate network in industry, commerce, and government
- Strong links with professional bodies and major accounting firms and financial institutions
- Extensive year-round student internship and professional mentorship
- Strong growth in strategic alliances in China
- Top quality research output in accounting and finance backed by strong research infrastructure
- Leading research on China-related accounting and finance topics and micro-market structure in the Chinese capital market
- Good technical support in terms of personnel and database availability
- Availability of generous internal research funds, in addition to the RGC GRF grants, to support research projects